Central Registration Office
Batavia High School – 260 State Street Batavia NY 14020
585 343-2480 ext. 1002
All registrations (Pre-K through 12th grade)
In an effort to make things more consistent and streamlined, ALL registrations are at the Business Office where all paperwork will be handled.
Before a student can be enrolled in the Batavia City School District, an enrollment packet must be completely filled out and handed in with all the necessary documentation.
STEP 1 – GATHER YOUR DOCUMENTS
- Child’s birth certificate
- Child’s social security card (please note: this is voluntary – refusing to provide will not bar your child from enrolling in school. It is used in our student information system to differentiate between students that may have the same or similar names.)
- Record of child's immunizations with doctor's signature
- NYS mandated physical examination
- Proof of Residency – 2 proofs are required that you reside within the Batavia City School district.
- Mortgage/Lease statement
- Utility bill – electric, gas, water, or cable
- Landline telephone bill – (cell is not acceptable)
- School tax bill
- Current payroll check with name and current address on it
- Letter from attorney/realtor on their letterhead with confirmation of address and anticipated moving/closing date
STEP 2 – COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION PACKET
Registration packet MUST be turned in, in person to the Business Office. We do not accept faxed registrations or mailed for new students.
STEP 3 – ONCE THE REGISTRATION PACKET IS COMPLETED AND ALL DOCUMENTATION PROVIDED, the registration packet will be forwarded to the child’s school and you will receive a phone call from them regarding a start date.
If you are concerned your child may need special education services, please visit these electronic resources for additional information:
For a parents guide to Special Education in NY please visit -
Special Education in NYS for Children Ages 3-21 - A Parent's Guide
For technical assistance please visit -
NYS Special Education Parent Centers
If you have any questions, please contact the Director of Special Education at (343-2480, extension 1009).