Batavia City Schools
Instructional Services Office
260 State Street Batavia NY 14020
(585)343-2480 ext. 1010
All registrations (Pre-K through 12th grade)
2020-2021 School Year
Welcome to Batavia City Schools!
In an effort to make things more consistent and streamlined, ALL registrations are processed by the Instructional Services Office at Batavia City Schools. Before a student can be enrolled in the Batavia City School District, a grade-appropriate enrollment packet must be filled out completely and submitted with all the necessary documents.
A printable version of the registration paperwork is available on this website; it can be printed and completed by hand. Hard copies of the registration packets can also be picked up at the District Office at 260 State Street, Batavia, NY. Please be aware that MASKS ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER THE BUILDING.
TO REGISTER YOUR CHILD:
STEP 1 – BEFORE YOU BEGIN, GATHER YOUR RECORDS:
- Contact your child’s physician and request that a record of immunizations and most recent physical examination be faxed to the Batavia City School District at fax number 585-344-8204. (If you need the NYS School Health Examination Form, you can find it Here. Most physician’s offices are familiar with the requirements for school registration.)
- Your child’s birth certificate.
- Proof of Residency (Acceptable proof is described Here).
STEP 2 – COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION PACKET
- Obtain the registration packet by visiting the District Offices at 260 State Street, Batavia, NY or by calling us at 585-343-2480, extension 1010, to request the paperwork be sent to you.
- You may also print hard copies to fill out at home by going Here
STEP 3 – SUBMIT REGISTRATION
Hard copy paperwork can be submitted three ways:
› If scanning or digital photography are available (you can use your smart phone!), clearly readable PDF or JPEG files can be emailed to the Instructional Services Office at DPConroy@bataviacsd.org.
› Paperwork can be dropped off at the District Offices (260 State Street, Batavia) Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
› Paperwork can be mailed to the Instructional Services Office (260 State Street, Batavia, NY 14020).
STEP 4 – ONCE THE REGISTRATION PACKET IS COMPLETE AND ALL DOCUMENTATION SUBMITTED, the registration will be forwarded to the child’s school and you will receive a phone call from them regarding next steps (i.e. scheduling screening appointment and start date).
If you have any questions regarding the online registration process, please contact the Instructional Services Office by emailing the registrar (DPConroy@bataviacsd.org) or call
585-343-2480, extension 1010.
SPECIAL EDUCATION SERVICES:
If you are concerned your child may need special education services, please visit these electronic resources for additional information:
For a parents’ guide to Special Education in NY please visit -
Special Education in NYS for Children Ages 3-21 - A Parent's Guide
If you have any questions regarding special education services, please contact the Director of Special Education at 343-2480, extension 1009.